Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review for The Will by Kristen Ashley

Synopsis

Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.

While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.

But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.

Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.


Review


Why does it not surprise me that I can say that Kristen Ashley has done it again and created another absolutely wonderful story? Although I go into reading one of her books knowing I will love it, she always surprises me because they always go way beyond my expectations. The Will is no exception. It was phenomenal!!  


Josephine’s had a very hard life. The only time she felt safe and loved was when she spent the summers with her gran. Eventually she moved in with her gran, finished growing up, and then moved away to work for a hot shot photographer, coming back to visit regularly. Kristen Ashley opens The Will with Josie coming back to town to grieve. There she meets Jake and her world gets turned upside down.


Jake has a terrible record with women. He tends to always pick the wrong ones, until he sees Josie. From the moment he lays eyes on her he knows she is the one, but he feels he’s not good enough for her due to certain circumstances. Because of the devious plans of Josie’s gran they are put together and the chemistry is instant. He wants her and he’ll do what needs to be done to get her.


Kristen Ashley’s writing ability never fails to amaze me. The details she gives throughout the pages creates a world you want to be apart of and feel like you are apart of. Jake and Josie’s story is heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. I laughed, I cried, I hooted and hollered, and I got extremely hot and bothered. The passion between the two is electric. Their love was unstoppable. The side characters, especially the younger ones, you can’t help but fall in love with. The background of the characters were well thought out and executed perfectly. I felt I truly knew everyone. 


The Magdeline series is a perfect edition to Kristen Ashley’s collection of unbelievably good books and series. The Will totally captured my attention from the very first page and held it until the last, and then I still wanted more. I am extremely excited about this new series and can’t wait for the next one. Well done Kristen Ashley on another 5 star read!!

 
 
  Buy Links   
Amazon  

 

Author Links 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment