Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spotlight & Review for Back Up and Front & Center by A.M. Madden

 

Meet Jack and Leila

 



Back Up

 

Synopsis 

Warning: This book is not a stand alone. This book is meant for mature readers who are 18+. It contains explicit language, and graphic sexual content.


Leila Marino's biggest dream is to become a rock star. A lucky opportunity has her auditioning with an up & coming rock band named Devil's Lair. The band hires Leila as their back-up singer, signing her up for months in the studio and touring on the road with the sexy bunch.

Jack is the quintessential rock star...gorgeous...sexy...a walking orgasm. Jack Lair is the lead singer of Devil's Lair and his dreams are becoming reality as his band climbs the ladder of success. He's living the perfect life, and enjoying every minute of it. With a steady stream of sexual conquests that satisfies his raging libido, he thinks he has all he needs in life...until Leila enters it.

Jack is not prepared for the sudden pull he feels towards Leila, and struggles daily to deny his attraction is anything more. Leila finds falling for her new boss is constant torment. Both convince themselves friendship is their only option.

An intimate moment causes their willpower to collapse, and their erotic love affair to begin. Finding love was a bonus that neither Jack nor Leila anticipated. As they begin their tour together professionally and personally, life couldn't be any better for the couple. Until a mistake from Jack's past threatens their new relationship, and their perfect future together.

     Buy Links 

Amazon



 My Review


What would you do if you were offered a position with one of your favorite bands? In this band is the lead singer that you’ve secretly crushed over for years. Would you stumble and fall? Maybe stutter or turn speechless? This is exactly what Leila does when she walks in for an interview for Devil’s Lair. Jack Lair, lead singer for Devil’s Lair, makes Leila turn into a bumbling mess.

Leila has always dreamed of becoming a rock star. She currently has a small home town band that plays at bar mitzvahs, weddings, and regular weekly gigs at a bar. One night, after their performance, she gets a shock and deal of a lifetime when she is offered an audition with the Devil’s Lair for a back up singer. Enter Jack Lair, her long time crush.

The attraction for both is instant and explosive, but neither of them is willing to follow through with their desires. Leila because of the fear she will be label as getting the job through sleeping with Jack, and Jack because he believes he is not a one-woman man and doesn’t want to eventually hurt her. It is hilarious to watch these two characters avoid the passion that is silently brewing between the two. They honest try to avoid the issue but their chemistry is just so deep that it becomes impossible to ignore. When they do finally come together is so extremely hot that I found I had to fan myself several times for fear of going up in flames.

A.M. Madden’s writing is absolutely amazing. I was totally spellbound the entire time. Back Up is one of those reads that pulls you in from the very beginning and doesn’t release you until you read the last page, and even then you are left with wanting more. I absolutely adore Jack and Leila and the side characters are completely off the wall funny. Each character has its place in the book and they all compliment each other. Over all, I am overwhelmed with the need to continue Jack and Leila’s story, which continues in Front & Center. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading other books by this author. 


Front & Center

Synopsis

Warning: This book is meant for mature readers who are 18+. It contains explicit language, and graphic sexual content.

Jack was a rock star on the way to fame. Leila was following her dream and joining his band as a back-up singer. An insane attraction sparked between them that they couldn’t deny. Attraction quickly led to so much more. They ignored all the warnings and fell in love.

When the couple embark on their tour, they couldn’t be more excited to travel the country hand in hand on the way to stardom. The road ahead is filled with miles and miles of possibilities. Along with their band, Devil’s Lair, they feel nothing could stop them.

An angry ex-band-mate, a pregnant ex-girlfriend, and never-ending Internet gossip all attempt to wreak havoc on their developing relationship. New love does not mix well with stress, pressure and guilt. Together they face each and every challenge, stubbornly fighting for what they have. Will their determination be enough?

  

 Buy Links

 My Review 


First, before I start my review I would like for it to be known that I’ve read thousands and thousands of books. I don’t say that to boast. I say it because you need to know to understand my feelings towards Front & Center.


With that being said, I have never come across two characters that has loved so deeply than Jack and Leila. I know that sounds so cliché. Many people have used those exact words before in reviews, or have felt that way towards characters in books that they’ve read; however, I honestly and genuinely feel that way towards Jack and Leila. It isn’t the hype of just reading their story and I’m not still in the grips of it. I felt it deep down in the pit of me. Another cliché term I would use for their story is that I felt that no other characters have loved each other more than Jack and Leila. I know, I know, again, people have said that before, it’s just the feelings and thoughts of these two characters moved me so much that I fear I will always compare other love stories to Jack and Leila’s, and worry they will always come up lacking.

A.M. Madden has written such an incredible love story. There are no real words to explain the depth of such a story. Jack and Leila go through so much together, and yes, they may have closed themselves off from each other at times, you still know their love is unwavering. They compliment each other in every way. In my opinion, no other couple deserves to be together more than these two characters.

To me, first and foremost, this was an incredible love story. There were also other aspects of the book that drew me in. There was plenty of humor, and not the forced kind you see sometimes in books, it was natural everyday humor. I absolutely adored the side characters. I really wanted to be part of their incredible little group. The entire story was realistic. The problems the characters must face were problems that real live people face on a daily basis. Again, this story felt so real to me. It’s so hard to review such a book because no matter what you say it will not give it justice. What I can say is that I really need to read more of Jack and Leila’s story and A.M. Madden can not publish the last book in the Back Up series fast enough. I rate this book 5 perfect stars. 


 Author Links

About Author
A.M. Madden's debut novel Back-up is the first in a series of three. Book two, Front & Center and book three, Encore are both scheduled for release in early 2014.

A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally.

A self-proclaimed hopeless romantic, she loves getting lost in a good book. She uses every free moment of her time writing, while raising teenage boys.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment